Have you heard? 2014 has been coined as “The Year of The Gentleman.”
What, you didn’t know? Let me school you. This year men will be emerging from the wood works and overly saturating us with gentleman suave.
- Doors will be held open
- Sensitive sides will be displayed (Chic flick nation, ladies!)
- Men will offer us seats on the subway. We will no longer be pushed (roughly) aside as those ruffians attempt to score the last empty seat
- Beards will be nicely trimmed
- Romantic evenings will be had
- Wine will flow
- Dancing will be in abundance
And best of all…
No woman is anticipated to go dutch – So no need for that pretend wallet “reach”, chicas.
Really ladies – This is our year.
Where do I come in, you ask?
I want in on that. I want to help you men transition into gentlemen.
- Are you a boy? I’d like to help you transition into a gentleman.
- Are you a neanderthal? I’d like to help you transition into a gentleman.
- Are you an insensitive slob who comes home from work, grunts as a way of greeting, puts his feet up, and barely acknowledges the woman who has slaved all afternoon for you? I’d like to help you transition into a gentleman. Seriously.
- Have you lost your way? Were you once a gentleman and over time have lost this ability? It’s OK. I can help.
- Are you somewhere in between? Dude, I got you!
Once a month I will be supplying tips, ideas, and recipes on this blog to help you – Yes, you – Transition into gentlemen.
Save your applause till the end. And when I say the end, I mean December.
Let us delve right in.
FACT: A gentleman grooms. From head to toe, a gentleman keeps his grooming game tight. Wanna now a secret? Ladies love to see soft and supple feet on a man. We do, for real. When you sport those feet we like to see them devoid of foot crust. We like to see those toenails clean and preferably one length. Eagle talons are a no-no. We did not marry an eagle.
It’s January and that means some of your feets are dry and crustier than usual. It’s cool… Actually, its not cool.
Flow with me…
Scenario: You want desperately to run a foot up your girlfriend or wife’s leg. Sexy-like and whatnot. Suddenly you’re aware – too aware of your foot crustations (totally a word). You’re afraid you may sever an artery. Or worse – You might ignite a fire and burn the whole house down. You definitely saw sparks – And good grief – No one wants to be on Eyewitness news over that.
It’s OK, homies – I got you. I made you a foot scrub, designed to help those toes and heels feel soft, supple, and moisturized. That’s a totally straight thing to say, by the way… Embrace it.
I combined lemon and peppermint for a nice refreshing feel. The lemon will help even skin tone and refresh, while the organic sugar helps exfoliate any dead skin that sets off sparks when you walk across a carpet. Coconut, almond, grapeseed, and jojoba oil are used to retain moisture and help provide a nice supple feel. The peppermint will provide that minty freshness you see in mouthwash commercials. You know, for your feet.
You’ll love it. Your lady will love it. You will thank me following those nice impromptu foot rubs. Most important, though? You’ll be well on your way to becoming a gentleman. And that is why we’re doing this.
In a medium bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Work the sugar with a wooden spoon or your fingers until combined and the sugar is very fragrant. Add the almond oil, jojoba oil, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, and peppermint oil. Stir very well to combine. You can add more sugar or oil until desired consistency is reached. Spoon into a tightly sealed jar and store in a cool place. Scrub will keep over a month.
Add to Favourites