I weighed myself this week. I really, really didn’t want to. I stood naked in front of the scale, debating whether or not I really wanted to see that digital number; the one that now screams YOU COW!” I think the scale has some sort of grudge against me. Like it’s on a never ending crusade to keep my self-esteem on the abysmal side.
It succeeded. I was sad all day, even though my jeans are less snug and my stomach is not protruding as much. That number on the scale gave me a case of the sads.
So I made myself a salad to cheer up. I could have EASILY made a brownie pie. Real talk – I really wanted to make a brownie pie. I still want to make a brownie pie and plant my face on it. While it’s still warm. I won’t though… It would get me any closer to giving my scale the finger.
So I’m eating more salads. The thing is I’m a salad idiot.
I’m clueless when it comes to salad combos. Really. It’s one of those things. Give me a can of dulce de leche and I can make 20 desserts (and eat half a can), but give me a bag of greens and I’m all like…
Do I boil it?
Fortunately Redpack was there to help with their taste bud tantalizing summer salad combos. I was sent a sample pack of Redpack tomatoes and some delicious summer salad recipes to try. Not only were their salads simply delicious, I’ve become less salad challenged.
My favorite was the Raspberry Shrimp Salad. Oh, Mylanta – It was good! My crew is not big on salads – They’re carnivores for life – Yet these salads were completely devoured.
I was able to Spin, Chop, Dress and Mix my way to a refreshing salad by following these basic steps:
- Start with a green base: I used spinach. Needed to get those green, greens in. “Cause… You know…
- Get adventurous with grains and make it bright with fruits and veggies: Raspberries and red onions made my salad crazy bright, tasty, and pleasing to the eyeballs.
- Toss in the flavor of Redpack tomatoes: Um… YEA! A whole can of those jammies!
- Give it some crunch with nuts: Walnuts provided the crunch to this jammy
- Power up with protein: And when I say protein I mean I cooked shrimp in garlic and butter
- Dress it up with your favorite salad dressing: I made a raspberry lime walnut salad that will knock your summer moccasins off. Trust.
This salad is bright, summery, and refreshing. The flavors of this salad meld together perfectly. Would you like to give these fresh summertime flavors in summer salad recipes from Redpack tomatoes a try?
Get yourself a can of Redpack tomatoes, go to their website, and get your salad on!
AND! Redpack is running a sweepstakes giveaway!
Read on, homies!
You can enter for a chance to win a Redpack Tote Bag or the Grand Prize: a $350 Gourmet Picnic Gift Basket!
To enter, you must “Like” RedPack on Facebook. Enter Now
- Enter for your chance to win a Redpack Gourmet Salad Pack that includes one (1) Redpack Tote Bag, one (1) Sussex Picnic Basket and Blanket, Pampered Chef items including: one (1) Salad & Berry Spinner, one (1) Salad Chopper, one (1) Salad Bowl Lid, one (1) Bamboo Salad Tongs, one (1) Pottery Barn Vintage Wood Serving Set, and the products to make the Redpack “Seasonal Salad Recipes” – a prize package worth $350!
- Or a chance to win one (1) of 3,000 Redpack Tote Bags, They will giveaway 1,000 tote bags to randomly selected winners each week for three (3) weeks.
- One (1) entry per household
- Winners will be notified by email
No purchase necessary. Promotion ends July 2, 2014. Entrants must be legal US residents and must be 18 years or older to participate. Void where prohibited.
Good luck, ya’ll!
Legal Situations: I was provided a Redpack gift pack in exchange for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This giveaway has ended.
Raspberry Shrimp Salad
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag salad greens
- 2 cups cooked shrimp (Cooked any way you please!)
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1(28 ounce) can Redpack® Diced Tomatoes In Juice, rinsed and drained or 1 (28 ounce) can Redpack® Petite Diced Tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup raspberry walnut dressing
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
In a large salad bowl lightly toss onion, salad greens, shrimp, mango and REDPACK® DICED TOMATOES in JUICE with half of the dressing.
Place salad on a serving plate and top with the raspberries and walnuts. Serve remaining dressing on the side.