Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies! Robust flavored chicken with crisp tender veggies made in one skillet and under 30 minutes!!
“I’m a member of the Kraft Tastemakers — A community of kitchen aficionados contributing my recipes and stories to KraftRecipes.com. Kraft compensates me for my time and provides me with materials to make the lovely dishes you see. My stories, my opinions and my tastes are forever my own!”
Hypothetical (yet real for some) scenario: You got home pretty late from a job which offers absolutely no work/life balance.
You walk through the door and instead of being greeted by an enthusiastic ‘Hello – I AM SO HAPPY YOU’RE HOME!’ you are greeted with:
- I’m hungry!!
- When will food be ready?!
- I’ve eaten nothing but cereal waiting for you!
- I’m Huuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnngggggggrrrrrrrrryyyyyy!
- Did you get milk?
You haven’t even removed your coat. At this very moment only the dog is happy to see you. Motherhood, Wifehood… It’s a thankless job and you know it.
You stand there, torn between running away and knowing that:
- You won’t make it very far in high heels.
- It will take at least 5 minutes for Uber to pick you up and your family will start asking questions when you stand by the door in mutinous silence.
- You just finished paying for a kitchen renovation and a new water heater. It’s not like you can just up and fly to Aruba.
- Your passport expired and you’ve been toting it around in your purse as a reminder, yet forget to fill out that damn renewal application.
So you sigh, release the Kung-fu grip on your doorknob, remove your coat and shoes.
Dinner tonight is this Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies. It’s quick, packed with robust flavor, and healthy as hell – ‘Cause lean proteins and veggies are healthy as hell. And you’re still trying to live right.
Bonus? It’s cooked it one skillet! Dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes; the time it takes for chicken to cook through. By then you’ve stopped thinking of running away.
Every bite is greeted with some sort of pleasure grunt and once their bellies are full, they finally thank you. And if you really think about it, you may not miss your family the first few days, but after a week or so you’ll want to get your ass back to them. Even when they blame you for not washing a shirt they need TOMORROW.Add to Favourites