Let’s talk about water. Yes, water… You know… H2O. That liquid that flows freely from your tap. What you used to shower with this morning. That liquid you fill water balloons with; the ones you throw unsuspecting passerby.
Agua facts… Flow with me…
Did you know…?
Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water? No? Look it up. It’s true. I’ve known this since 1st grade.
How about this?
Did you know…?
A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day?
When was the last time you made that jammy happen, huh?
I know ya’ll know this one….
Pure water has no smell and no taste; it also has a pH level around 7.
This is the main reason I lured you here today. To change the smell and taste of your water. In a good way. Not in a polluted way. I care about you. I’m here to help you drink more water, not deteriorate your insides.
I know… Listen, I get it – Water is a bland situation. No one likes bland situations. We’re all about our flavor profiles and bubbles. You prefer to guzzle a Coke or a Gatorade. You want to stick a long swirly straw on a 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew and suck until you hear that unmistakable sound that signifies it’s the end.
You see, these drinks are fine. In moderation.
Water? You don’t have to moderate that jammy. You can drink it to your hearts content.
But I get it. Water is a bland situation. How about if I told you, you can flavor your water situations? Make it a bit more palatable – Hell, you may even make it enjoyable?
You can even go so far as aiming for those 48 cups? Too much, too fast? OK – We’ll aim for 8 cups.
Do you know what the best thing about water is? The possibilities to flavor and dissolve stuff into it are endless. All you need is imagination and time.
I’m going to share something with you.
Strawberry mint is one of my favorite infusion combos. The mint is highly refreshing, and the strawberries offer a nice tartness. There’s no recipe needed here. Use as little or as much as you like.
Would you like some instructions?
OK – You twisted my arm.
1. Grab yourself a glass, mason jar, a bucket – Whichever (Is that a word?) vessel floats your boat.
2. Add mint to the jar. Again, as much as you like. Add the whole bunch.
3. Hull and slice some strawberries. Or leave them whole. It’s your water situation. I suggest you hull them. Get yourself a cool ass strawberry huller from OXO. Oh, and find yourself some organic strawberries. We don’t want pesticides in our agua.
4. Smash that. I mean, smash the strawberries and mint. Smash it up good and nice. Release their juices.
5. Add a crap load of ice. Let it overflow. Who cares?
6. Pour the nice clear jammy that comes out of your reverse osmosis filter (You’re fancy, huh?) or your tap (you’re no less fancy – Don’t believe the hype).
7. Wait as little as 5 minutes, or as long as an hour for your water to infuse.
Refill… As often as you like. Just some allow time for the infusion to do its thang… If you don’t like waiting, use a larger vessel. Go for the half gallon mason jar. It’s good for more than infusing vodka.
Aim for those 48 cups. – Of H2O, not vodka.
Add to Favourites